Wednesday, February 25, 2009

16 February 2009

16 February 2009
This week we had Zone Conference and it was weird to think that I only have one left.
Friday after Zone Conference, I went to Agen on exchanges with Elder Miles from Phoenix. He is super nice and one of the most charitable missionaries that I've met. On Saturday we were using the bikes in Agen, we had to go up a curb and I guess I was rolling to slowly for I fell and I didn't think much of it, naturally I scraped my knee and my hands, then I looked and I had done a number on my hands, especially the left one, with pebbles in it and a large cut. I went to the supermarket and cleaned it and got some bandaids, it's still a bit tender though. Later while returning to the apartment we were stopped by a "drunk". He harassed us and then called us American Spics. At one point while he was talking I checked a tear in my pants and he thought I was making an offensive gesture, so he kicked me! What a weirdo. I didn't think he kicked me that hard for it didn't hurt, but currently above my left knee is a bruise of considerable size and a
bump, oh well...

Love,
Elder Marsala

P.S. A note from his Mom: Quite a contrast from the previous letter of baptism and confirmation. But we must accept the bad with the good, I guess. My current countdown is now 11 weeks!!!! I'm getting pretty exited to see Miles again.

No comments: