Thursday, March 19, 2009

16 March 2009

Dear family & friends,

This past weekend we had Stake Conference and it was presided over by Elder Caussic of the First Quorum of the Seventy, acting under the direction of the Twelve to reorganize our stake, he was accompanied by Elder Kerr, an area Seventy from Scotland that knows Elder Call's family. During Stake Conference I had a "Tender Mercy." Before the main meeting started on Sunday, there was a little welcome meeting for new converts with Elder Caussic and Elder Kerr. For some reason, Elder Monson and I were in there listening and then in walked Hongora Sandag (I baptized her last year) We were so happy to see each other. Then I had the honor, privilege, and blessing to see her shaking hands and talking with two Seventies, one, a General Authority. It was one of the greatest things I've seen on my mission. Afterward we were able to talk and she told me about her trip last Autumn with the branch to the Madrid Temple, where she participated in baptisms for
the dead. She goes to church every week and know the missionaries very well, one being Elder Gill, my MTC companion. I was so grateful to see this young member staying strong and growing in the Gospel, being only 15 and the only member in her entire family. It was a most beautiful gift from on High.
I love you all and I thank you for all that you do.
Love,
Elder Marsala

No comments: