Tuesday, December 4, 2007

December 4, 2007

Bonjour tout le monde,
This last week has been another great week here in Carcassone, with lots of thrills, excitement, and some scares, but worry not all is well here. Carcassonne is going all out for Christmas decorations, there are real pine branch arches lining the rues, rows of lights in the skies, decorations all over the place! In the Place Carnot, they're turning it into a giant ice skating rink, it's crazy! Christmas is really getting into the air here and it's should be in full force Thursday when they finally light all the lights and open the rink! It's going to be absolutely chouette! But I Elder Marsala won't see it.
I'm heading to Vitrolles! The time has come for me to leave my blue ville. I'm excited, Vitrolles is right next to Marseille and it's bigger ville as well. I'm told there is less wind and more sun too, so the weather might be just a touch better. I'm pretty excited, my train leaves in two hours so I will be able to tell you about my new companion and Vitrolles next week.
I've really loved Carcassonne and I'm going to miss it, there are some amazing members in the ward here and I will miss them, and it was weird to tell the family Pondela goodbye, but it's all good. I'm really excited to meet lots of other people and to see another part of France, it's going to be a blast. I'm told my new companion is a good missionary as well.
As for all the amazing decorations and excitement here for Christmas, I should see it in a couple of weeks when I come back to Carcassonne to get my carte de séjour(visa stuff)
I'll miss Elder Dearing as well, he's a good missionary and we had lots of fun together.
Well everyone the time is short and I must be going, thank you so much for all your love and support. Merry Christmas!

Love,
Elder Marsala

No comments: