Tuesday, February 12, 2008

12 February 2008

Hello everybody,
How is everyone? I hope that your all doing just wonderful. So we've found some amis from the islands. Two from Tonga and one from Fiji. They're about the nicest people you could meet and they're so sincere,it's incredible. Another thing about them that I love is their humility and willingness to both credit and thank the Lord for absolutely everything. They are all here playing professional rugby and they all give all the credit to God. Whenever they do something good the first thing I hear them say is, "I just thank God you know, for blessing me with this opportunity and the skills that He gave me." It's like that with everything, their families, their homes, their talents, their health, their happiness, the other day one of them was lost trying to get home from Toulouse and in the prayer Ralulu(Fiji) prayed that Samo would find his way home, and when it happened, He thanked the Lord.
I've learned a lot from these men. They work very very hard, they exercise at a high level, they trian daily, all this to become stronger, faster, and better. And once they accomplish a goal that they've set out and they've developped to be stronger, faster, and better they avoid the natural man-who would give themselves credit for working hard, or maybe just thank the trainers who did tests and studies to see what worked the best for them, the first thing they do is give credit and thanks to God for having blessed them.
I hope that one day I can humble myself as they have themselves and find a way to give more gratitude for all that God has given me. For afterall, He has giving me everything and does give me everything.
I love you all very much and know that I am grateful for you.

Love,
Elder Miles Marsala

No comments: