Tuesday, February 5, 2008

5 February, 2008

So at Zone Conference this last Thursday we spoke about President Hinckley, authority, and how President Monson would become the next Prophet. It was a fun discussion that was mostly a refresher which thankfully we don't have to do to often. There was a bit of exciting news that President Merrell announced, he mentioned that if you lived in Bayonne or PĂ©rigueux you could go watch the funeral services on Saturday night, I was thrilled! I felt so lucky to be in my ville, not too many of us got to watch it and I felt blessed. It was such a beautiful service that I think helped us all. As expected, this was Gordon B. Hinckley, there was much laughter to go along with it. I loved his paper clip cuff links. I also found it amusing that after President Monson mentioned President Hinckley's unconventional uses of a walking cane, that at the end when showing clips of his life and listening to his children speak-I never once saw him use the cane for it's prescribed use.
I was very excited to see that President Eyring is still in the First Presidency, I really really like him and I think that he feels the capacity well. How cool to have Elder Uchtdorf as President Uchtdorf. I just realized in typing this but what is now currently the First Presidency all spoke to us at the MTC during my stay, first Tuesday was President Eyring, followed the next Tuesday by President Uchtdorf, and shortly thereafter followed on a Monday morning by President Monson, cool!
How blessed we all are to be led by living prophets and Apostles that hold all the keys of the Kingdom in an unbroken chain of authority. Isn't it wonderful to live in the fullness of times in a world that has the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ?

Much love,

Elder Miles Marsala

P.S.-On a BYU Television commercial before the funeral I saw a girl that I graduated with, and then during the funeral I saw two members of my home ward, Brother McChlanahan(I can't spell it-he does security for the church) and then I saw Brother Torgersen in the Choir





No comments: