Friday, February 22, 2008

19 February 2008

Bonjour my most cherished people,

today I write you from a keyboard that is in Arab. It is something that I've never seen before and I think it's pretty cool, I expected it to be a lot more complicated looking, but that's only because I'm a weirdo. Don't worry there is a Latin alphabet arranged in the typical French keyboard fashion, I'm not very good in Arab...yet.

So I was blessed to see three baptisms on Saturday! It was awesome. All three people were from Brive and they came to PĂ©rigueux because Brive is yet to have a baptismal font. There was an 8 year-old baptized, a 13 year-old, and a woman in her 40s. The latter was probably the neatest story, she's been an ami for ten years and has wanted to be baptized but couldn't due to her husbands not being in agreement, but his heart was softened and she was baptized. To top it off, the original missionary that taught her 10 years ago lives in Heber City, he flew here with his mother, his wife, and his four children(the 7 soon to be 8 year old Lexie being the oldest and the 8 month-old being the youngest)to baptize her, it takes approximately 20 seconds once the baptism starts and they came all the way here just for that, I thought that was pretty special and pretty cool.

I hope you all have had a great week, much love and thanks.

Elder Miles Marsala

No comments: