Wednesday, August 20, 2008

20 August 2008

I recieved rather sad phone call yesterday from Périgueux informing me that Purevsuren "Surène" Sharkhuu passed away yesterday morning at age 79 due to complications in her liver. I was informed that the week after she was baptized that she was diagnosed with cancer but no one told me the seriousness of the problem. I feel so blessed to have gotten to know her as I spent my time in Périgueux. She is with out a doubt one of the most faithful women I have ever met and I can still remember the joy she felt at her baptism, it was such a beautiful day. I'm also grateful that she is no longer in pain and that she was baptized and received the Gospel in her life before she was called home. I'm also happy that now she will be able to learn and better understand what was taught to her but possibly lost in translation, considering we don't speak Mongolian. I will be very happy to see her again and to express my love for her.
I love you all and I thank you for your support.
Love,
Elder Miles Marsala
P.S. I would like to congratulate my little brother Quinten who recently made the BHS Golf team as a Freshman
P.S.S I would like to wish my mother a Happy 50th Birthday this past Sunday and to wish a Happy 28th Birthday to my brother Nathan this upcoming Friday
P.P.S. Congratulations to Soeur Turner and her husband on their third wedding anniversary


(**Purevsuren "Surène" Sharkhuu is the woman in the photo with Miles by the baptismal font a few posts below this letter.)

No comments: