Tuesday, December 2, 2008

2 December 2008









Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin


Bonjour,

I hope that everyone one of you is doing well. I'm doing pretty good. This week on Thursday we had the second greatest zone conference that I've ever been to, second only to the one with Elder Richard G. Scott. Elder Kopische of the First Quorum of the Seventy taught us so many wonderful things pertaining to missionary work, it was amazing. He just made it seem so simple, one of those, why didn't I think of that days. We were most definitely edified. We also learned a great deal from Elder Paya, the area Seventy in the south of France.

It hasn't been more than five minutes since I read that Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin passed away last night. We're all saddened by the loss of this great servant of the Lord. I will sincerely miss his talks at General Conference, he taught boldly, clearly, from the heart, and also made us laugh. It's hard to think that he will not be there come at Christmas or at the next Conference in April. He was an Apostle of the Lord Jesus Christ, and he lived up to and magnified his calling. I know that I have personally been blessed through his words of inspiration. I know that he is now happy to be re-united with his dear wife and that he is continuing to serve on the other side. May I suggest that we remember both him and his wife in our prayers.

I love you all very much and I thank you for your support.
Love,
Elder Marsala

No comments: