Tuesday, November 6, 2007

November 6, 2007

Brrr...birds and boivre!

Hello my cherished ones, Another great week has passed by already and time is flying. In Carcassonne things are fantastic! I'm taking Elder Dearing to the giant castle today, so I'm excited. Yesterday was a fantastic Zone Conference in Toulouse, President and Sister Merrell told about there experience climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro and showed photos and talked about all sorts of great gospel stuff, it was quite uplifting and always fun, I've decided that there's nothing about this that I don't love, except for the times when I see pathetic lives that will not accept Christ, that will always hurt me and I'll never like that.Sunday we passed by a less-active and it was great. We turned the corner and saw a man, the drunkest man I have ever seen, he was completely gone and he was stuck on his back like an upside down turtle, and he had kind of busted his hand when he fell. We were about to call the Police when I recognized him as the brother of another less-active, so we decided to take him home, he lived over a half a mile away and we literally had to hold him up and walk him there almost dragging him as he spoke rubbish and tried to smoke. We got to his brother's and opened the door to a tiny appartment, greeted at the door by 15 dogs! It was insane and four of them ran away, so then we had to go chasing after uncollered dogs! But we got them back. On our return we discovered that the man we helped had left. On our return to Centre Ville we found him curled in a ball passed out, we actually thought he was gone, but he was breathing. Called the police this time, but his brother showed up to help and then we eventually left. How sad it is when people won't accept our Lord in there lives and just apply His Gospel, no doing that doesn't guarante perfection in all things every or any day, but it sure helps. I can't ever remember being more grateful for my mother raising me and for the Word of Wisdom.On a brighter note we saw flocks of literally thousands of birds, thousands flying overhead on route to Africa for the winter, which leads me to the weather. It is COLD! No it does not snow and I'd be willing to bet that if you compared thermometers(spelling)? Utah would be colder, but Utah doesn't have this humidity which leads to this peircing wind that cuts through all and goes to your bones, but it's okay, I get to wear a scarf and really cool gloves that I bought :)Well my family and friends, I love you and I'm grateful for you, you're amazing and I wish you all the best. I invite you to further bring yourselves closer to Christ, it's the most important thing you can do. I hope all is well.

Love,Elder Marsala

No comments: