Wednesday, June 4, 2008

3 June 2008 - The "Halfway" Point!

A Very Good “Hump” Week!

I had a simply splendid week since I last spoke to you all, as my wonderful father would say, "Marvelous, simply marvelous!"

Last Tuesday I received a phone call from Thomas, asking if he could see us on Wednesday because he was moving to Sweden on Thursday, I must admit it was one of the best phone calls I've ever received, he wanted see us one last time on his last day here. Wednesday during the rendez-vous he offered to say and then did offer the opening prayer, Thomas prayed, out loud. I hoped, but didn't imagine, that he'd ever pray. I was extremely touched and exceedingly well pleased. The rendez-vous was good, a touch sad, but it went well, he also mentioned that he's started to read the Book Of Mormon. I sure hope that he finds a French speaking missionary in Sweden.

We hadn't seen Jacques and Mawuena for awhile and were sad about this fact, we got in touch with Mawuena and learned that the reason was because Jacques is currently int the US doing some training with the Wizards and some other camps in Tennessee and California. Mawuena mentioned that she was lonely without her man, she doesn't know many people here, so last night she went to her first Family Home Evening with us and the Fisher family! The Fisher's are a rather large, family, nine children, from Tahiti, they were great with her and made her feel at home. The boys were excited to have Jacques' fiancé over considering they follow the basket ball team here.

It was a beautiful week with lots of miracles to record.

And yes, Friday was my year mark and just for your information today is also a year mark, I return home on June 3, 2009.

Thanks again, I love you all

Elder Miles Marsala

No comments: