Tuesday, September 16, 2008

16 September 2008

"Spring is almost over and summer's comin'..."
or should I say, "Summer's almost over and the fall is coming the days are gettin' short"
Hello people of the world, mostly just America, but that is part of the world. I chose this little rendition of a diddy by the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band because it is applicable. Without any warning of any sort it's getting cold. Toulouse is known for it's hot and humid summers, and while cooler weather is nothing but welcome, it was a bit suprising to be burning in short sleeves one day and then the next day be in a sweater. But as we all know, with change comes beauty, there is just something special about the change of seasons that always turns our thoughts to our Creator and brings us a sense of gratitude for His wisdom, majesty, and perfection.

Yesterday Elder Nolan, our district leader, lead is in a very good district meeting, probably one of the best ones that I've attended. It was very neat to watch the change that has taken place in the short time that he has been distict leader. It was another witness to me that the Gospel can and will change lives, I'm not saying Elder Nolan wasn't already a good person or a good missionary, I'm simply saying that as he applied his new assignment there has been a change in his stature and the way he does things. I think it'd be a good thing for all of us to do a little more to push ourselves everyday, whether that be in daily scripture study, daily prayer, or simply being an example to those around us. The Lord will recognize our efforts and he will lift us to the level that we desire and that He desires.

I love you all very much and I can't thank you enough for all your support. Have a great week.
Love,
Elder Marsala

No comments: